How do I make a 32-bit plugin using Visual Studio 2016?

I have been able to make plugins that work on 64-bit versions of Rhino, but I really want to make a 32-bit version of the plugin so I can run it on the ones that I have in school. How would I do so?

If you are writing a .NET plug-in based on RhinoCommon, this should not be a problem. Just make sure the project targets .Net Framework 4. Building as “Any CPU” will allow your plug-in to load in either 32-bit or 64-bit Rhino…

Hello Dale, sorry for such a late response I saw this a couple days ago

I use SharpDevelop to create my plugins, and those options are checked, but I can’t run my plugin on some of the older computers with Rhino. The thing is, if I create a plugin using those computers, it works fine, but I just can’t bring in outside plugins made by older computers. Is there anything else I can do?

Is there any error message that you are receiving when trying to load these plug-ins?

Plug-ins built against a particular Rhino 5 service release will only load in that service release or later. For example, if you build your plug-in against Rhino 5 SR12, then that plug-in will load in SR12 and SR13 but not in SR11, SR10, etc.

Thus, if you have other computers running older service releases, then you will want to get them up-to-date with the latest Rhino service release.

Does this help?

Yes it does, thank you for that I didn’t realize that newer service releases couldn’t run on older ones. Thanks!

Something about service release not being up to date, I think.