How do I maintain original UV in boolean split?

Here is a piece of plywood that I want to cut into pieces using the curves shown.

When I extrude the curves into surfaces, it looks like this:

When I boolean split, I get this:

How do perform the split and maintain the UV for the render?

dear @hwansey

• you might want to post the file including the texture.
    if your initial box/piece of Plywood is an extrusion object, you might get different problems then if it is already _convertExtrusion to a polySrf.-

you might get the desired result if you use Boolean-intersect instead of Boolean Split.

Texture Mapping requires a bit of understanding and a certain amount of patience - did you fully understand
https://docs.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/help/en-us/index.htm#properties/texturemapping.htm?Highlight=mapping

you can select multiple objects and then apply a mapping that will be assigned kind of consistent for all selected objects. for example a box mapping with boundingbox to all objects.

i think, the tool that will help you most to correct the result
_matchProperties you can “copy-paste” Material and Texture mapping.
from the initial board to the cut board.

in general you should model /create your geometry first, then assign materials / setup for rendering. I totally understand the wish of “keep material/texture/mapping” while modelling / creating geometry.

…to represent the veneer-layers you might want to think about a custom texture that has those 9 stripes.
And if you really need a perfect virtual plywood, you should also take care, that the dark-light stripes change their order at a 90-degree edge:

hope this helps you, find a way how to do it - and you might want to post a final solution if you find it… kind regards -tom

actually if you set up a proper material and use - in this case a simple - box mapping - for me, boolean Split works fine / as you expected.

Thank you very much Tom. I appreciate your detailed reply.
As an aside, the result that you show of the 90 degree change of order is exactly what I was after, as in reality, interior architectural ply looks exactly like this.
I did try converting the extrusions to polysurfaces, but it did not work.
However the result is as expected if the original surface is split using the curves.

The file is a bit big, but here are the 2 relevant layers:
Render query.3dm (3.4 MB)
This is the version I used. Rhino for Mac. Rhino render selected. Standard materials used.
Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 9.24.50 am

Trying to get my head around mapping where the tiling is >1 and where a rotation is specified.

Kind regards,
Hugo.

hey!
first of all, why don’t you try “WIRECUT” command for seperate the pieces? I think the result is cleaner :slight_smile: