How do I create a parametric relationship (ratio) between circles in a grid along u and v

How do I create a parametric relationship (ratio) between circles in a grid so that the circles get small or larger along the u and v direction. I have set up the circles in a grid with a controllable number slider related to the number of rows and columns, but I am struggling to set up a ratio relationship between the circles.
May anyone be able to help?
Please see attached the the video for what I’d like to achieve.

Kind regards.

It is somewhere on the forum !!! I search
It is quite simple maths because it is not real circle packing.

1 Like

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your message. I wonder whether you could direct me to the solution for this parametric pattern?

Thanks,
Anna

I already did it but can’t find the discussion !!!
It is very basic Math, so if you are more than say 15 years old, it is a good Math/Grasshopper exercice

Width = number of circle * radius 2=> radius = Width/(number of circle2)
Number of circle = row number + initial number of circle (-1)
height = sum of circle radius *2(use Mass Addition in Grasshopper)

Hi Laurent,

Thanks, I still don’t fully understand how to apply this in grasshopper terms, could you show a solution in grasshopper if possible.
Kind regards,
Anna

We are Architects students and are not used to working in this way and really appreciate your help.
Thanks

For sure it requires some iteration so it is a bit tricky in Grasshopper, you have to use Mass addition.
But please try to take a pencil and a paper and write the equations. It is what I do at the moment.

Hi Laurent,
Okay, thanks we’ve set up the uv parameters and set the circles within a box, but struggling to set the ratio relationship between circles. May you offer some more direction please.

Kind regards,
Anna

Struggling is a way to learn.

One more direction, I finally found the discussion.
Search on my Instagram account, find the solution of the mystery you will :stuck_out_tongue:

And post the good link in this discussion.

1 Like

So it seems that I had no answers!
My Instagram is there https://www.instagram.com/delrieulaurent/
https://www.instagram.com/delrieulaurent/
Image of the related problem is here on the middle

There is a link to the discourse page

And the link
Creating dynamic circle pattern

Thank you laurent.
Kind regards,
Anna