How do I create a new project in Rhino without having to close my current open project?

So its a small issue that has really been bothering me. If I click File-New, it asks me if I want to save my current project. What if I just want to keep it open and open a new project? Rhino for Mac will just open a new one while keeping the current one open.

Thanks!

Hello - just open another session of Rhino… you can have as many as your system can stand running.

-Pascal

1 Like

How? File-New? That doesn’t work without closing the currently open. Maybe Im missing something simple

Hello - what I mean is, just start Rhino again, from the desktop icon or Windows Start menu.

-Pascal

I typically operate with 3-4 instances of Rhino going at once :slight_smile:

Sure?

I´d say [cmd]-N // File > New

That works … (Even in Fullscreen)

But I don´t get it what´s wrong on @akashi1 ´s side …

FWIW, I read the original post as being a question of how to do this on Windows and changed the category accordingly. Apparently, @siemen understood the OP differently and changed it to Mac. I dunno…

1 Like

Oops. My bad. I read it now again and it seems like I misunderstood. You were correct. Apologies.

Thanks guys! I got it now

What’s the largest herd of Rhinos you ever saw during a 3D safari in the grasslands of your system? Ever had to kill one with the task manager double-barrel gun during a filleting stampede?

Very politic of you to refer to the Rhinos as a ‘herd’!

-Pascal

With rhinoceros, it’s not called a herd but a crash.
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/crash

2 Likes

Before, I thought it was a flock of rhinos, a shoal, a gaggle even ; )

Reminded me of seeing this the other day. The Rhino is first off the rank.

Creator unknow but shared by University of Leeds Centre for Translation Studies https://www.facebook.com/LeedsCTS/

4 Likes

Nice. Good thing we did not call the thing Peacock.

-Pascal

3 Likes

`* Mob of Kangaroos (source: am Aussie)

Great find though!

1 Like

As am I. I noticed that as well so looked it up and according to the “Book of Knowledge” there are three acceptable terms. Some of the other animals groups fascinate me.

34%20am