How do I completely remove the V6 beta?

How do I completely remove the V6 beta? I want to get rid of it completely do I need to go into reg and if so which settings do I delete?
Thanks,
RM

Good question; I am sure there are different ways to do it. If you’re adventurous, you could download IOBIT uninstaller (free), and the search utility “Everything” (free), and simply uninstall. Once uninstalled, search using “Everything” for any V6 remnant files/folders and delete them. You could also delete the V6 registry key (at your own risk). You have to also look at the app data folder too. That’s all I can think of at the moment.

It would be nice if MS did a better job at uninstalling entire programs instead of leaving all kind of junk behind, but that’s not going to happen.

I would be glad to hear of a better solution than the one I mentioned above.

Have a look at this thread:

Hi Helvetosaur,

Pascal’s thread confirms my assumption when it comes to uninstalling a software product. I actually did that yesterday when I removed the WIP 6. Iobit Uninstaller tends to do a better job than MS as it offer the option to delete the Registry files. I don’t know much about IOBIT as a company, but it seems like a safe utility to use. I also like the “Everything” search utility as it does a very good job at finding all the files/folders related to the software in question, and if I remember correctly, it will show the appdata folder even if the latter is hidden by MS. Finally, and to be on the safe side, I tend to remove the application folder found under the local disk (C:)>Program Files.

I believe the above procedures are only recommended when trying to do a clean install.