How do I change units on an existing drawing with appropriate scaling

It’s messed up in SA721

Maxz, thanks for the screenshots. That is exactly what I tried. But I do not get the results you show in the 2nd photo of your follow on post. I see exactly the same thing.

John, what is SA721?

Rhinoceros - About Rhinoceros
It’s the specific build version

Understood, but I’m running 5A713 - did you verify the bug in that version too?

No. I just tested the builds I have access too internally

This scaling bug is fixed in the 5A723 WIP release. If you checked the “Apply to All”, the model would not be scaled. The “Apply to All” checkbox should not be there and is now gone.

Great! I’m downloading it now and will verify.

Yup 5A723 scales properly here now with a Units change.

Ok, I verified it works correctly now, thanks!

However, 5A723 changes the behavior of the Objects panel. In previous releases there were 2 tabs Basic and Details. It took me 2 minutes to find that Details tab was removed and now there is a Details button t the bottom of the panel that pops up a dialog. I much preferred the original behavior.

I prefer the new one. Many people miss the other tabs and don’t realise that there are more properties than the general ones.

Thanks for the heads up Michael. I agree with you, the tabs are also my preferred behavior. Especially the text detail, which is now at the very bottom, and I use that a lot for text block editing. I shall have to increase the size of the panel to keep it in view restricting the size of my extensively used Layers panel even more :disappointed:

Max.

The problem with the new one is that it opens a dialog. I really do not like having to manage a bunch of windows. With the original UI, I could open that tab on the main window and have it available to view without having another window getting in my way. I’m not a fan of floating pallets and windows :slight_smile:

Well, it’s even worse than that! The Details dialog window does not refresh to show details for a new object selection. So you have to click the Details button again to make it refresh the details window.