How deal with intractable Naked Edges after offset polysurface

Hi everyone.
I encounter with intractable naked edge after offset(2 millimeter) polysurface that have not any naked edge.
I tested all possible situations with the edge tool. I need urgent help, please.
main polysurface:

offset polysurface after join some edge:

model:
BodySurfTest.3dm (9.3 MB)

Hi @pouria_m.a
Here’s a closed polysrf with a 2mm offset, but the original is some seriously sloppy modeling! If it was my model, I’d probably start over and make an effort to keep those surfaces cleaner. They are way too overdefined and there’s a lot of “almost but not quite” tangencies :grimacing:
BodySurfTest_jn.3dm (9.2 MB)
HTH, Jakob

1 Like

hi @pouria_m.a Working with such dense surfaces is not recommended.

You could also consider using SubD for this, see attached.

bodysrf_quadremesh_subd.3dm (1.0 MB)

1 Like

“Time is your most precious gift”, So I really appreciate your valuable gift dear @Normand .
What you said is completely correct and thanks for correcting the model. This is a part of a complete model of a smart interactive robot-doll that after an incomplete design by a designer, I had to either repair or redesign all other parts to reach a prototype for 3D printing. And it also has many internal parts (electronics, etc.) that I placed all of them and I have to do it again from the beginning. That’s why I can’t completely design some parts from scratch. We are a small startup with limited resources, and because we could not find a professional around us, I have to do the work myself. Sorry, I explained too much. If possible, please tell me how the model was corrected (by rebuilding two Surfaces and merging again or…)
Thanks again for your time and correction. By the way, it’s been a short time since I started Rhino :disappointed_relieved: .
Image of some parts of the model:
RobosupPart.pdf (2.4 MB)

“Time is your most precious gift”, So I really appreciate your valuable gift dear @Gijs .
Your suggestion is absolutely correct and thanks for correcting the model. This is a part of a complete model of a smart interactive robot doll that after an incomplete design by a designer, I had to either repair or redesign all other parts to reach a prototype for 3D printing. And it also has many internal parts (electronics, etc.) that I placed all of them and I have to do it again from the beginning. That’s why I can’t completely design some parts from scratch. Of course, if it was possible, as you said, even though I am not a professional and it is not my main expertise (but I am very interested), I would use SubD in this case (of course, if I could). We are a small startup with limited resources, and because we could not find a professional around us, I have to carry out the work myself. Sorry, I explained too much. Please, if possible, tell me how the model was converted to SubD without any defects. Using Convert to SubD and special settings or…
Thanks again for your time and proofreading and excellent guidance. By the way, it’s been a short time since I started Rhino.
Image of some parts of the model:
RobosupPart.pdf (2.4 MB)

Hi @pouria_m.a
You are very welcome! Basically it was just a question of untrimming/re-trimming some of the surfaces and re-creating a few others to make them line up with no gaps.
Regards, jakob

1 Like

Thank you so much @Normand. Yes, I got it. Thanks for your advice. Please, if possible, introduce an appropriate video source as an example. :pray:
Respectfully.