How can I extrude a square to a smaller square?

Has anyone tried with Pufferfish Tapered Extrude? (assuming the center doesn’t need to change)?

1 Like

Nice,but he want the top move in x y directions and add cap to the top only
i hope you add cap to the component and i don’t know how corner type work? i change it but i don’t see any difference

Corner type is for outward extrusions (because in an outward extrusion faces get gaps that you can decide how to fill). If you want a different corner type on an inward taper you would just change the corners (maybe fillet / chamfer) the input curve.

1 Like

Thanks i understand ; because i used positive angle value i don’t get this result

In order to create a solid and cut out a center area, I have tried to add code to create final geometry but seem to be stuck. I am probably missing something obvious. If you have a chance to take a look, I would appreciate it. Again, your insight has been excellent and inspiring.

-BobExtrude square to square-cut out center.gh (24.2 KB)

Hi @bobhouseholder,

The SDiff (Solid Difference) needs two solids, closed breps, to work.
Furthermore, surfaces and open breps aren’t joined by simply connecting them to a Brep component. What you need to do is to explicitly join the parts in a strategic, logical way.
However, your example was also missing the top caps of the waffle geometry, which would have left you with an open brep, even after joining everything. To remedy this you can simply cap the open brep! :slight_smile:

Extrude square to square-cut out center 2.gh (18.4 KB)

Wonderful. I am studying now. This looks so nice now! Thanks.

You can also use this

Extrude square to square-cut out center 3.gh (20.1 KB)