How can I control the orientations of the sections at the ends of my polycurves for correct sweep objects?

Your solution does work! I’ve tested it. The key is the horizontal planes whose y axes are perpendicular to the planes created by the contours and x axes are parallel to the contour planes. They make the orientations of the sections correct. Thanks a lot!!

Now I’m trying to create sweep objects from closed curves in order to finish the imitation of my precedent. But it seems that sweep1 in grasshopper is not perfect. Some of the curves cannot create sweep objects.

beams and columns-new approach-v6.3dm (129.4 KB) beams-columns-new.gh (19.3 KB)

Here is what i meant:

beams_V1.gh (29.3 KB)
The sections of the beams are not aligned with the section plane, but still the beams are not twisted.
On the floor level, the beams sections are rotated so they are symmetrical to the section plane and try to be as near as possible to the ground curves.

Maybe a bit overkill…

Is it? Or did it only shift the problems to walls and roof? (I see you started on that now)

This model scales the rail curves to clear the beams with separate sliders for height and width (maybe they should be offsets instead?).

beams_columns_2020Dec25d.gh (21.4 KB)

Sorry, I’m not into multiple code reviews.

2 Likes

Yeah, really good method! :+1: Now I’m going to try how to sweep with closed curves. There is a problem.

beams_V2.gh (23.5 KB)
Woooo!

I don’t want to do php … i want to do this! :sob:

3 Likes

That is a very cool shape for a building.