Houston, we got a problem - SR 13

unhandled

#23

Jeff

It’s only today, several times, but it’s gone by now, replaced by extremely slow graphic performance (maybe because I am multitasking - watching Netflix on the second screen :joy:)
P


(Jeff Lasor) #24

@Piotr I’m not sure what we’re supposed to do with this information then… Are you experiencing these lags that Olivier is seeing once you start Rhino SR13. They might have gone away …for now… but they may return… Based on Olivier’s description it’s intermittent, and can come back at the most inopportune time.

I would close down Rhino (and Netflix :)) …and just start Rhino and see if the lags return…and if so, then I’d like to give you an earlier SR13 to see if it does the same thing…if so, then an even earlier one…and so on…until you’re convinced the problem no longer exists.

-J


#25

I am restarting my machine. I will let you know if this will happen again.


(Michael Pryor) #26

Then what’s the issue :smiley:


#27

Bugalomania. That’s the issue !


#28

Just had a 30-second freeze while trying to cancel _-Properties on an object… don’t know if it’s related, haven’t experienced this before.


#29

It happened to me again today. Restart helped.


#30

I experienced some lags on Friday when printing to PDF and printing straight to printer from layout pages, Rhino hung, milky screen, for about 30seconds or so, then continued ok. Even had a black display port at one point. Using latest SR here. Milezee SystemInfo 11-02-19.txt (2.1 KB)


(Abraham Wechter) #31

+1 I have been seeing this regularly now - no spinning ball, just milky screen and then even after the everything looks normal again Rhino still doesn’t work for a while., then finally comes back on.
Version 6 SR13
(6.13.19035.17431, 2019-02-04)
Dell 5810 system information.txt (2.1 KB)


(Willem Derks) #32

Hi Brian,

Today I began having these stalls as well.
Open Rhino and need to wait for what seems a minute before the window gets active.

Any news on this or something I can test?

-Willem

Rhino 6 SR13 2019-2-12 (Rhino 6, 6.13.19043.11071, Git hash:master @ 7aacfb3160a6592ad3436515c8a848dff80a4b5b)
License type: Commercial, build 2019-02-12
License details: Cloud Zoo. In use by: Willem Derks ()

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Machine name: WD10

Hybrid graphics system.
Primary display: Intel® HD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 4-21-2017 (M-D-Y).
Primary OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 7-30-2018 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 398.82

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 8x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 7-30-2018
Driver Version: 24.21.13.9882
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.13.19043.11071
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.13.19043.11071
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.13.19043.11071
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.13.19043.11071
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Users\Willem\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\6.0\rhino-render-next\0.0.2\RhinoRenderNext.rhp “Rhino Render Next” 0.0.2.0


(Pascal Golay) #33

Here as well - Rhino had been open with the same file more or less all day when I started getting the stalling. I don’t have any more info yet about what to look for… In my case, Ctrl-Shift select (Brep face) in a rendered viewport seemed a pretty reliable way to cause it but not the only way.

-Pascal