Hops not updating

I just ran the sample server and set a hops component up with the pointat endpoint.

@hops.component(
    "/pointat",
    name="PointAt",
    nickname="PtAt",
    description="Get point along curve",
    icon="examples/pointat.png",
    inputs=[
        hs.HopsCurve("Curve", "C", "Curve to evaluate"),
        hs.HopsNumber("t", "t", "Parameter on Curve to evaluate"),
    ],
    outputs=[
        hs.HopsPoint("P", "P", "Point on curve at t")
    ]
)
def pointat(curve, t=0.0):
    return curve.PointAt(t)

which looks like this

I then stopped the python server and modified the pointat function to look like this

@hops.component(
    "/pointat",
    name="PointAt",
    nickname="PtAt",
    description="Get point along curve",
    icon="examples/pointat.png",
    inputs=[
        hs.HopsCurve("Curve", "C", "Curve to evaluate"),
        hs.HopsNumber("t", "t", "Parameter on Curve to evaluate"),
        hs.HopsNumber("m", "m", "Multiplier"),
    ],
    outputs=[
        hs.HopsPoint("P", "P", "Point on curve at t")
    ]
)
def pointat(curve, t=0.0, m=1.0):
    return curve.PointAt(t*m)

after clicking on the Hops component path and just clicking OK, I end up with the following

What are you doing that is different?

I found some cases where the component is not updating. I’m working a fix and should have a new version of Hops available next week.

1 Like

Hi. I am also facing the same issue. I am doing exactly what you are doing except that I am not specifying nickname and description. It would be great if you could fix it! cheers

The latest release of hops (0.6.0) tries to update inputs/outputs when solving. See Hops - version 0.6.0 available

1 Like

Hey @stevebaer I seem to not solve the problem yet. can you tell how to refresh the component after making changes in vs code to make it work?

Change a value for one of the inputs.

What are you doing to try and update? If I can repeat your process, I may be able to fix this.

For me, changing the input values inside “Inputs” doesnt update the hops components inputs (even after unchecking cache server). Also adding new inputs and outputs doesnt show in the hops component unless you change the name of end server

Do you get an error bubble about “Bad Inputs” when you run the component after changes?

no, the component works though

it appears its cached to previous state (end server name) and keeps running

Turn off “cache in memory” for your component when debugging and developing your server.

Can you describe some steps to try with the sample ghhops-server scripts to repeat the process?

Turn off cache done…doesnt help
Hi . As you can see in the image the inputs are FF1 and FF2, but it doesnt change it in the gh component. but it still works and computes geometry

I see what is going on. I’ll try to get this fixed in the future. For now, if you change the name of the input Hops will detect that and update the component. For example if you change
“face Index 1” to “Face1” you should see Hops update