Hinge problems

I am calculating a portal, in which I work with continuous beams. I am now working on the connections, which must all be hinged, since the construction is fitted with cross braces. I therefore want to hinge the bottom and top of the columns to the beams, but I am not able to do this. I have tried it with 1 building layer there, Karmba 3D does this by itself, but as soon as I put another floor on it, it does everything fixed.

The correct scheme is shown in matrix frame

portaal begin.gh (49.6 KB)

Dear @b.hunen,
there are several possibilities for defining the joints - see the attached definition:
portaal begin_cp.gh (48.9 KB)
– Clemens

It is clear how I have to make the connections hinged, such as with a construction with bracings. The only problem that still occurs is that the reaction force of the columns on the “second floor” is not passed on to the supports. The moments line of the beam on which the column is located is incorrect. this also shows that the reaction force is not passed on.

portaal 2 verdiepingen.gh (47.7 KB)

Hello @b.hunen,
ligger has no node where kolom is supposed to connect to it:

You need to split ligger using e.g. Karamba3D’s ‘Line-Line Intersection’-component.
– Clemens

Thanks for the reply. I’ve tried but somehow I can’t. could you perhaps demonstrate it in the attached file?

Hi @b.hunen,
try the ‘divide and conquer’ -approach: start with a simply supported beam and connect it to a column. Do not forget to subdivide the beam. For this the ‘Line-Line intersection’-component of Karamba3D can be used.
– Clemens

I apologize but I tried but somehow I can’t. is there no example to be found anywhere?

Hi @b.hunen,
there is the example ‘Line_Line_Intersection_Resulting_Beam_Structure.gh’ in ‘Karamba\Examples\TestExamples\Line_Line_Intersection’. The ‘Karamba’ folder resides inside the Rhino Plug-ins folder and can be reached by double-clicking on the Karamba3D desktop icon.
– Clemens