Hiding background image in render

Hi, i cant find a way of hiding the background/environment image in a render. I want to use the image for reflection and refraction but not see it in my render. Is this possible?

Sorry all worked it out… set background color and still use hdr files for reflection and refraction - got it

I save my renders as PNG, the background is then transparent and you can replace it in Photoshop with whatever background you like.
EDIT: I’m sorry, my experience is based on vRay. I didn’t check category :pensive:

I find that is the best way to merge renderings together with background images also. Using the Photoshop method also allows some post processing. I like to add some noise and blur the rendering a little so the rendering matches the inherent noise in the background image.

Ahh ok I knew this was an option but wasn’t sure it was preferable. You would then lose the ability to adjust lighting levels on the different channels… Or is there a clever way of exporting images to retain this information … Maybe as layers or something similar?

Antony Whitehead | Commercial Director
[M] +971 50 557 7942 [T] +971 4 551 6754

··· > On 17 Mar 2016, at 21:00, Scott Davidson wrote: > > > scottd McNeel > March 17 > I find that is the best way to merge renderings together with background images also. Using the Photoshop method also allows some post processing. I like to add some noise and blur the rendering a little so the rendering matches the inherent noise in the background image. > > Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond > > In Reply To > > Jonish > March 15 > I save my renders as PNG, the background is then transparent and you can replace it in Photoshop with whatever background you like. EDIT: I'm sorry, my experience is based on vRay. I didn't check category [:pensive:] > Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond > > To stop receiving notifications for this particular topic, click here. To unsubscribe from these emails, change your user preferences