Help with selecting the right surfaces and patterns

Hi,

I am a beginner in Grasshopper, and have a task to build a parametric model, however I am stuck with the last part of it - selecting the right surfaces to get the right colours and patterns.

The image above is what I am trying to achieve.

The Image above what I have. The colours stay vertical, and the light piping has horizontal lines.

Could you please help me out?

Thank you very much!

Week_02.gh (23.9 KB)

I’m not sure if this is what you want, but it might give you some ideas about how to proceed.
screenshot_01

I don’t do colors (never have figured out how to make them work for me) but I’ve named things to help with that.
Week_02-bb1.gh (25.3 KB)

1 Like

Check this

tower.gh (21.9 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Way to go Marija - your result certainly looks better than mine.

I think it’s worth noting that an artifact of the Twist component is that it results in twisted surfaces that also have concave curvature, and this would be a major problem in the real world if you had to construct them with something flat, like glass panels.

For me, who just makes 3D prints of resulting geometry, that is not an issue; in fact I prefer the extra curvature. But for real world situations my simple design techniques could easily be useless. So when developing designs it’s important to keep in mind what the final results need to be.