Help! point sdl lines towards 0 axis to make stairs

Hi,

I need help with this GH script. I’m trying to make a curved staircase. So I’m trying to make the SDL lines point towards the center which is 0 axis. Meaning there wont be squares but more triangle looking steps. How should I correct my script?

stair_2_1009.gh (7.3 KB)

Many thanks!

It’s better if you share your gh file and check my script to make stair from any curve

2 Likes

Thank you Seghier for the file. This is very helpful!

This is your file ; there are different ways with different results

stair_2_1009_2.gh (11.5 KB)

1 Like

May I ask what scale you were working on for this file? Its working wonderfully with the curves I have but I’m trying to increase the rise height. I couldn’t find a relevant number slider on the script.

Many thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with my script. Its helping me learn alot!

I used meters units so all slider using meters, if you want change the scale replace the sliders

@anon39580149
Hi,
I’ve managed to change the rise height. I came across another problem I tried to solve it on my own but couldnt understand why the stairs stop at one point. I Rebuild my curve but it was still acting this way. How can I get the script to be applied to the entire curve?

stair_4_1109.gh (42.0 KB)

stair_4_1109.3dm (2.2 MB)

Many thanks!

The script calculate steps vertically so you need to split the curve on two parts

stair_2.gh (65.4 KB)

2 Likes

This looks super rad, @anon39580149!

1 Like

Thank you!

I see this script in Food4Rhino ; try it