Help, Issue with contours

Hey, I have been struggling with this for a while now and am now seeking help here in hopes of finding some help…

I am using Rhino to create contour drawings for our CNC Machines… ill put the drawing into a very old post processor called VARIO/VAR3DMOD which creates the NC COde for the machine…

when i take the drawings of our previous colleague everything is fine… but as soon as i make a little change most of the times it doesnt work anymore… and if i create a drawing myself, even with the rules given to me by him it doesnt work… sadly we cannot contact that colleague anymore and i have to find the solution myself…

This is what they look like… super simple

When i created the contour drawing i always get this error in the post processor, ill translate it:*

Error! The points on the longitudinal contour are not continuous in X! Interruption at…

But i dont see any gaps in the contour… Its literally the same as the old things…

ANd i always extract both as DXF R12 Lines & Curves or however its translated…

At this point im going crazy…

Well the object on the right looks like an open curve.

Yeah it has to look like that… It always does and with the drawings created by my colleague it works…

Do any of the drawings created by your colleague include open curves?

They all look pretty much like that, but i never get the error that there is a gap or anything

if that helps… sorry im not really an expert in all this

You’ll probably have to post some of the old *.dxf files which import correctly in your post processor…

In the drawing in the first post, it finds the problem at X 186.419. Where is that actually located in the drawing?

The “problem” is always far away from the drawing… like wayyyy to the right

Well, as @martinsiegrist suggested, the best would be to post a ‘colleague’s’ .3dm file that works correctly - and maybe even the .dxf that was exported from it, as well as a similar .3dm created by you that doesn’t work, plus the .dxf and the settings used.

What were the “instructions” from the previous colleague?

Working with old CAM software can be very tricky.

7042.dxf (16.6 KB)

This is a working file from my colleague

1111.dxf (21.2 KB)
And this is one that I created that does not work…

The Instructions were to create a DXF(R12/LT2) file as seen in the picture , edit a PRJ file with the settings(which is not the problem) put it in the folder together with the PRJ file and start the old software. There I choose the prj which loads in, loads the dxf and then the error occurs in my case…

Have you tried replicating the exact same geometry as in your colleagues file?

Well, your colleague’s file is just some simple lines and arcs - I notice that even the circle is 4 arcs - perhaps the old CAM software doesn’t support complete circles?

In your new file you have what looks like it was a spline that was converted into a dense, exploded polyline (101 segments). Perhaps the machine software doesn’t like that. 26 of the lines are under 0.1mm in length.

yes…

i tried rebuilding it with way less but that doesnt seem to do anything either… at least not with my knowledge