Hi everyone, i have question.is it possible to edit/reduce the number of the polygons to one one part of the mesh?
For example, the mesh i attached, if i want to remove a certain bump off of the face by reducing the number of polygons of that certain area, can i?
NYP_5.stl (7.8 MB) \
Any and every help will be great and i would really appreciate it. Thank you.
Hi @rismi2013, you might try it like below:
- Import STL, in the dialog set Weld angle to 180
- Run the command
- When it asks to select the faces, type the command
- Brush select the faces you want to have reduced, press
Enter to extract
- Select the extracted mesh and run
- In the dialog, click on the Add all naked button
- Set reduction settings and click OK
- Join the reduced mesh with the rest
_Weld 180 to get rid of the naked edges
btw. sometimes this does not really close all naked edges which should stay untouched. (You can view them with
_ShowEdges). If this is the case unselect the mesh, run the command
_AlignMeshVertices and choose the option
_SelectNakedEdges _All. You might slightly increase the
_DistanceToAdjust eg. to 0.01 then click the mesh and