Help how to trim surfaces

i have 2 surfaces via cross sections and a vertical surface that i have parametrized the count of them…the question is how to trim the surfaces in order to have the result of the right volume

ArrayPolar.gh (56.7 KB)

Here is a simpler way.

1 Like

thnx!!! yes this work with uniform volumes…but with more complex geometry i want to have the vertical surfaces and trim them in order to take not twisted faces…i want to try something like this

cause i am new to gh i want to pramatriaze only the number of the verical elements…
so i dont know what isthe best method to do it…
twisted faces …the point to send it in a cnc cutter…thnk u very much

please upload your file.

test.3dm (334.6 KB)

i try it without gh…so i have the surfaces via the cross sections and then i extract the wireframe
( vertical, orizontalcurves)but the faces is twisted…so itried eith vertical surfase as u saw before and trim them(without gh) and it works…
but i want to try it in gh…

one more question…it ur file u send me how did u add the number +1 in the list item??

Zoom in onto the component and you will see a “+” sign, which adds 1 to the number of outputs from the component.
This can be done for some other components aswell, e.g. “merge”
For other components, such as the expression, it can also add inputs

Have a look at the linked topic.

thank u !!!

is there any chance to have the rhino file???in order to understand the whole process??thnk u!!!

thnk u!!!

kim i just opened the file clove lamp re…i want the vertical elements to be perpedicular to the bottom curve…in order to be ready for a cnc cutter for example…thnk u

This should work for you. The vertical lamellas are perpendicular to the base plane and “normal” to the base curve.

clove_lamp_screengrab_v1.gh (19.0 KB)

thnk u!!!but what if the cross sections are rotated???i want to have this result

What do you mean by rotated? I don’t see a difference between the geometry of the CLOVE Lamp and what my GH definition accomplishes. It seems to me that the designers of the lamp just chose a more interesting base shape/topography to start with. You can clearly see in the reference photos that their sections are produced with cutting planes parallel to the vertical center axis of the object and perpendicular to a base plane (i.e. XY Plane).

clove_lamp_re.gh (18.7 KB)

hope it help.

1 Like

i mean that if u have several curves (orizontal cross sections) and rotated them around z axis for a more interesting shape and then lofted…it doesn’t work…i will try it again…i hope to dont miss something…thnk u very much for ur time!!!

yes a lot…in the 6th ref photo of the clove the cross sections arent rotated?or i am wrong??that was my basic problem…if see for example te base ant the top section curve…thnk u …i will try it!!!

I can not be sure, but I believe what you are interpreting as a TWIST, is actually an optical illusion from each segment being slightly out from the one before and also in a curved surface position causing a morie patteren.
Now it could be done on screen, but if you think about it, each curve is cut out of a FLAT piece of plastic, now it could be heated and bent into a curve, but that is not expedient in the lamp production… a flat piece will more than likely stay flat…