Help - Cycles settings

I do agree the current state isn’t the easiest to grasp. I don’t find it ideal myself, either. It certainly must be improved upon, but I think that this might go into v7.

The help-file is indeed the best place currently - that reminds me I still have to write documentation for all the commands RhinoCycles provides :neutral_face:

It is indeed likely we will just hard-code this to some low, but acceptable setting. I’m not knowledgable enough currently about how I could get any UI fiddling opportunities for the user done, but I’ll learn about it soon enough without doubt.

Very nice idea, but will have to go to v7. If I get my other stuff cleaned up in a timely manner I might push it to some 6 SR, but we won’t be doing those forever either (i.o.w. time is running out). Anyway: RH-49724

No, that is a function an engine has to implement if it wants to signal the usage of fast draw to the pipeline. What you need is the plug-in setting for RhinoCycles for this. Ignore anything that says virtual in the function or property signatures.

I was actually referring to the method that stevebaer showed you for controlling UseTessellationShaders in this thread. To get it to work with Raytraced you need the plug-in ID. Here a snippet:

import Rhino as rh
import System

settings = rh.PlugIns.PlugIn.GetPluginSettings(System.Guid("9bc28e9e-7a6c-4b8f-a0c6-3d05e02d1b97"), True)

cursetting = settings.GetBool("UseFastDraw")
print("Old setting", cursetting)

settings.SetBool("UseFastDraw", not cursetting)
print("New setting", settings.GetBool("UseFastDraw"))

You could make it so that you have a button that runs this, then after toggling you toggle with a macro the viewport mode to say Wireframe and back to Raytraced.

This is indeed the RDID for Raytraced:

It is Guid.Empty for all non-realtime display modes. For instance you’d get an ID other than Guid.Empty for ProRender display mode, and so on for each engine that opts to provide an integrated display mode.