Hatch is overlayed with other hatch?

Hi fellow Rhino users,

My hatch is overlayed with other hatches and I can’t seem for it to with both hatches

on picture 1 and 2? Could someone tell me how to correct this?

TIA!

First, the order is dependent on the layer order, next, see if any of these commands help:

SendToBack
SendBackward

BringToFront
BringForward

1 Like

Actually draw order should be, but is not, layer order dependent right now…

-Pascal

1 Like

Hmm I assumed so, because there was no way I could make it work otherwise. Was this fixed in rhino 8 maybe, because there I was using it.

1 Like

Hi Gijs - I do not see it in V8 WIP either, here.

-Pascal

1 Like

Ah, I now think what caused me to think this. It appears that the layer order does have a bit of influence. In my case I drew a new object (hatch) over everything in the scene and expected the new object to be on top, but it’s only on top of some, But then when I put the object in the top layer, a lot more objects were hidden behind it.

1 Like

Interesting - I will test… just out of curiosity; I am pretty sure I understood from the developers that this is not working, at least not correctly, yet, for whatever reason.

-Pascal

1 Like

indeed not correctly, but it does have an effect, see this:

1 Like

Hm - if you are changing the hatch’s layer, that moves it to the top of the object stack in the document as well, so that may also come into play.

-Pascal

1 Like

but that would mean after I move it from the red to the blue layer, it should be on top of everything else. That’s what I did. Here’s the file if you want to have a look:
vector-icons.3dm (347.0 KB)

1 Like

Yeah, notice I hedged with ‘come into play’ and not ‘do something predictable’…

:grimacing:

But if the hatch is actually in front in 3d, the draw order is the same regardless of the layer. I guess fighting at the same Z is yet another factor…

-Pascal

1 Like