Hanging Kangaroo structure

Hello there. Im quite new to Kangaroo, trying to create hanging pendant light kinda thing. So, I want to use stratchy cloth base and a metal pipe, hanging on it forming it with its own weight.
How can I simulate this?

KHStr.gh (19.3 KB)

This should get you going:

KHStr-rev.gh (21.6 KB)

Your base mesh was invalid. I’ve included another way by starting with half a mesh sphere.

Thank you for your time! That is not qite what i wanted. I wanted the mesh to be stretched under the weight of the metal ring attached to it. But thanks again

I have no idea what Kangaroo is doing but fixed your input mesh using a Cone (white group). The output, however, is still an “Invalid Mesh”?

KHStr_2022Sep27a.gh (28.7 KB)

‘Factor’ slider for Z Move changed from -19 to +30:

Kangaroo has a Combine and Clean component which in this case turns the invalid mesh into a valid mesh…

1 Like

I can’t make it work. Kangaroo is so complicated and mysterious… OH! You put Combine&Clean at the beginning, after Mesh UV (Mesh Surface). When I do that, the mesh always sags below the ring, no matter where it’s positioned in ‘Z’. Valid mesh output but not good!

P.S. There is one point “anchored”?
KHStr_2022Sep27a4
KHStr_2022Sep27b.gh (20.7 KB)

Aha! That one anchored point needs to be at the top of the cone, eh? Combine&Clean must have modified the point list, so I sorted them by ‘Z’. Works now.

KHStr_2022Sep27c.gh (28.3 KB)

2 Likes