Gumball Transformations and undo limit

Hello all,

I am running into an interesting situation.

My undo memory is set to 350MB…

When performing normal rhino tasks I have all the undo’s I could ever want and everything is working fine. However, when I am moving large sets of surfaces (scan data 1643 surfaces to be exact) with the gumball Rhino is limiting me to one undo.

If I make one transform and then move the group, I only can undo the move, not the transform, Rhino cuts me back to the single undo. Am I maxing out my memory on one operation? This has never happened to me before…

Hi Tommy - does a Move and Undo (i.e. no gumball) restrict you the same way? If so (expected, by me anyway) , then yes, I’d say you are running out of Undo memory. For what it is worth, mine is set to 1024MB with 32 GB ram on the system.

-Pascal

Hello Pascal,

Move and Undo (no gumball) does restrict me in the same way.

I have changed my memory setting to match yours at 1024MB and I am past 2 undo’s with the large surface group!!!

much thanks!

I have two different undo memory values (shown in the following screenshot). Which one is true?

Hi - I’ve checked this on Rhino 6 and 7 on Windows and Mac and don’t see this. Please run the SystemInfo command and post the result here.
-wim