Gumball on Subd-Edges not always centered?

Hello to all,
in WIP when I draw a subd-box with xyzCount 3 centered around 0 in top-view and then subselect the outer edges the gumball is not centered anymore.

When shift-scaling these edges with the gumball handles point-symetry gets lost. Same behavior if opened in Rh6.
Maybe I didn’t understand Subd-geometry completely but I would expect the gumball to stay at 0,0.
Hope this is not covered already,
Regards
Ferry

1 Like

Hi Ferry - thanks, I’ll check this.
I see this - and BiundingBox on the edges gets it wrong as well, but differently wrong, here.
I’m, going to make a wild guess that this is related to how vertices are stored, but I am making things up.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-57505

-Pascal

I had vaguely noticed that the gumball sometimes goes astray with SubD components, and I just realised what it is (or at least one scenario):

If I have an edge selected, and then run a command like SelEdgeLoop, the gumball stays at the centroid of the preselected edge. If I run SelEdgeLoop with nothing preselected, and click the same edge, then after the command finishes, the gumball is at the centroid of the newly-selected loop as you would expect.

Thanks, I see that.
RH-67874 Gumball on SubD edges - does not update

-Pascal

1 Like

RH-67874 is fixed in the latest WIP