Gumball display change when moving object

Can you explain what you want to do again… Is it that you want infinite lines projected out from each gumball axis? If that’s right, you’ll probably want them to snap to objects or the grid too right? If possible, can you post a simple example in a separate thread so this one doesn’t get longer to read through? I know it’s connected but I think it would better help to communicate the idea. Also please describe how you do what you need in this regard now, is it just with visually lining up gumball arrows with other objects? Personally, I use the Align command or just move using Osnaps but I might be misunderstanding.

Yes I visually align objects using the handles. Often times I do not want perfect alignment so snapping is not the solution. I do not want to have to use a separate command for this but to just use the gumball as I have in the past as I use this aspect of the gumball in v5 all the time (hundreds to thousands of times per design). The infinite line idea is just an improvement on what I currently use the handles for. I think everyone agrees that the change in V6 to represent the direction of movement is also very important.

Got it… filed as
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-32964

Thanks Brian!