Grouping and other issues in WIP 6 working on simultaneous files

If using 2 files simultaneously in WIP 6 I cannot group, infant all grouped items become ungrouped nor can I specify a distance using Gumball. Also I cannot use ESC to deselect. Also ESC does not work to turn points off. This is rectified if I shut down after running simultaneous files and restart with just one file.

Are you using Mac or Windows?

WIP 6 Mac

Hello - I can repeat the grouping problem here - the objects appear to be added to groups but selection ignores it in one of the two open files. The same objects copied and pasted to the other file select as a group… I’ll check the other things you mention.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-48940

Gumball, deselect:
https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-48995

Thanks for the report.

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal! Really positive to get some feedback

We hope to have a fix for this coming up in tomorrow’s RhinoWIP…if all goes well.

RH-48940, the grouping bug, should be fixed in the latest RhinoWIP. It ought to work better now. Thanks again for reporting it!

Great news Dan.

As I have said, your response to your users is a real feather in your cap. Not often companies are so responsive and eager to improve.

I live on Rhino, it is truly my lifeblood for work and design. This WIP 6 for Mac has been a huge learning curve for me as I am really using the rendering side of it now, before I would just screenshot in shaded mode for my clients.

I have maybe another 4 or 5 repeating errors that i will let you know about shortly. All minor but very annoying and time consuming.

Looking very much forward to downloading the new WIP today.

Thanks again.

Stu Bevan

1 Like

Aaaand:

RH-48995 Gumball: No action with two files

should also now be fixed in today’s RhinoWIP…but please test it out to make sure.

Hi Dan, wondering if you saw my last topic about licensing issues. I cannot open Rhino 6. It says my login has expired and I need to log in to my account.
I have, there is nothing there that seems wrong, but every time I try and open I get the pop-up window

Hi Stu-

Sorry for the delayed reply. I’m also sorry to admit that I’m juggling so many items that I don’t exactly know which licensing issues you are referring to. Can you please point us in the right direction?

In general, however, those sorts of issues make their way to @brian or @aj1’s list.

Hi @dan, that license issue was answered here:

1 Like

Thanks @wim!