Grid edge & Centre magenta yet black when seen edge-on

Hi,
V5
Grid for top view , its edges and centre line are magenta yet when placed in the centre of the grid for front view, that front view grid centre line goes black. as magenta is for 1inch spacing I need it magenta.
BringToFront, even if that solves it, is no use as I need it behind objects.

why does it change grid to black ?
Also the end view is a black cross yet all edges are magenta so why black ?

What do I need to get my magenta line back for the front view ?

It (centre line 6") also must be magenta in top view.
grid losing magenta line centre.3dm (76.6 KB)

Steve

In the top view ungroup the x-y magenta and black grids. Select the magenta grid.
In the front view, and without changing the selection, run _BringToFront.
In the top view regroup the x-y grids.

Hi,
V5
, Thanks, …Done that, works if nothing in front of grid, however the grid is now in front of objects when before its as a background.

Steve

You are going to need to use SendToBack on your entire grid to get all the elements behind everything. Then select your magenta lines and use BringForward to bring them forward one level so they will be on top of the black but hopefully still behind everything. If it goes south, use ClearDrawOrder to clear all the stuff so you can try again.

1 Like

Hi,
@Helvetosaur
I have found that selecting the entire single planar grid then going to the view where its causing the wrong colour in the grid centre, and using sendToBack, reveals the edge colour in that view, and no need to bring the magenta fwd.
The grid is still there of course, .

many Thanks

Steve