Grasshopper, volume on open brep no more working in RH7

I noticed that on RH7 Grasshopper volume doesn’t calculate anymore volumes on open breps, this was very usefule to me to have some info also on not perfect surfaces… Does anyone know if it is a choice or it will be fixed? Thank you

Hi @Gaetano_De_Luca,

Can you provide some geometry where the volume calculation worked in Rhino 6 but does not work in Rhino 7?

– Dale

1 Like

Thank you Dale;
This occurs to me on hull of ships, (I’m naval architect); anyway I attach a very simple “broken” cube: Tested in RH5 GH5 (I’ve not RH6 installed now, but it is the same) asking for vol in rhino you have a warning; in Grasshopper you have also a warning, but calculates anyway volume (“orange” message); In RH7/GH7: volume calculated in Rhino with warning, but in grassopper is “red” and no volume calculation; it seems a stupid thing, but it would be very useful, because it could calculate approximated volumes on not “watertight” ship hulls (for instance with little openings at the bottom), we used it in early design, and it was a very important “plus” respect to other instruments

openvolume.3dm (46.2 KB)

Hi @Gaetano_De_Luca,

I’ve logged the issue: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-63510

In the mean time, you might just calculate the volume yourself using a C# script:

test_volume.gh (6.9 KB)

– Dale

1 Like

Hi Dale, thank you very much.