Grasshopper -Irregular Flat Surface Division by Dimension (spacing)

For sure it will be difficult to tile. It is why Romans and Greeks did Mosaic :grinning:
For now I come back to QGIS tutorial, I never stop to learn new things.

Have in mind that scope of life is to earn (dollars > the more the better) and not learn, What if you know everything but you still can’t buy a proper lethal Ducati???

Anyway maybe later on I’ll provide the real C# thingy for this case (the fastest real thingy, that is).

But are you brave enough? Ready for pain and tears aplenty?

Open the attached (just a hint mind, there’s way faster/smarter ways to skin the cat on that matter) and try to use it into the other thing.

Curve_BrepFace_Ccx_EntryLevel_V1.gh (120.6 KB)

1 Like

haha I will have a look at it and try to see whether I can follow :crazy_face:

hii, I try to give a fresh eye by using Grasshopper, I feel like this kind of division is more related to the actual tiling divison? which allows remaining the offcuts, but I don’t know how to apply the simple concept in C# or python, this is the division by dimension of the tile (here I divide by the grids and convert surface)

Er … consider the unthinkable: what if coding is not for you? what if you are born for doing things the hard way? what if you’ll never ride a proper Ducati ? (that’s more than critical) what if you are destined to drive a Toyota Prius ? (better die if you ask me).

Anyway get the most crude/slow way to skin the cat:

BrepFace_Split_EntryLevel_JustAHint_V1.gh (15.3 KB)

Given the opportunity get this as well (how to cover Earth with just one Mega City and be a happy bunny).

BrepFace_Split_MegaCity_V1.gh (118.7 KB)

Moral: life sucks

Well … with a fresh eye … here’s the lesson of the day (implemented the crude/SLOW BrepFace.Split way): a solution means nothing while a fast solution is everything. But … I can’t post the real thing (as I said) because appears that I should use things that are strictly internal to the practice.

BrepFace_DivideToXYLengths_V1C.gh (125.6 KB) BrepFace_DivideToXYLengths_V1C.3dm (73.7 KB)

So play with the attached and “enjoy” the colossal differences in elapsed times:

4 Likes

WOW this works really well, thanks!! :blush:

btw i am a girl so no need to marry one hahaha

Well … if you are after parametric matters the proper way (high end C# solutions and the likes) marry a rich fella ASAP because you’ll need a big time to get the gist of C# (doing nothing “productive” while learning).

BTW: Jedi Master talks:

http://www.albahari.com/threading/

1 Like