Grasshopper for Mac available for testing

For some reason my Grasshopper window keeps popping up as black. Not sure if this has anything to do with the technical specs of my laptop or the program itself.

Weā€™ve seen this on computers that are still running OSX 10.9.5. Is that what you are currently running?

Yup. Thanks for the quick reply!

YUHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
the world is changing!

1 Like

Really glad to hear this, I have been waiting for yearsā€¦ will start testing immediately.

Thanks to everyone who worked / is working on the porting!

1 Like

the way the two windows work together is a lot better now (5c133w).

grasshopper stays on top but we can still split view if desiredā€¦ the rhino window responds on first click when coming from grasshopper (for something like ā€˜set one curveā€™) instead of previously needing a focus click first.

anywayā€¦ just appreciating the work you all are putting into this.
thanks

2 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m brand new to Grasshopper but Iā€™m excited to start learning! How do I access Grasshopper within Rhino WIP for Mac?

ā€œExplicitHistoryā€ in the WIP.
Itā€™s incomplete so itā€™s not called Grasshopper yet.

Ahhhh! Thank you!

@dan could you make the grasshopper canvas behave to gestures just like rhino? so two fingers move the canvas and pinch to zoom? right now it is only two fingers that make it zoom, which is quite confusing.

This wish has been logged: https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-2514

Iā€™m so excited that Grasshopper is available for my mac now, but I canā€™t get it to run. Iā€™m getting the Object: GH_Scribble (level 1,2,3)ā€¦ errors when I try to load. It goes to 100% and then stops. Tried updating software, restarting, etc. Anyone get around this? Iā€™m on OSX 10.11.4 now

Object: GH_Scribble (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: GH_Scribble (level 2)
{
An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Grasshopper.Kernel.GH_FontServer
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: GH_Scribble (level 3)
{
Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
ArgumentNullException
}

Is the weaverbird plugin working for mac?
I downloaded it and put it into my library in special components but it does not seem to workā€¦

Nothing to report, just wanted to shout out that I think itā€™s great you made Grasshopper available to Mac users! Even though itā€™s not completed yet, I have had so much fun with Grasshopper on a Windows machine at my art academy back when I still studied thereā€¦ And now I can finally pick up where I left. Designing and letting Grasshopper fill in my gaps.

The other day I was working on a customizable peristaltic pump consisting of a couple of layered pieces and I totally used Grasshopper to make it! Very, very valuable tool. In the end it turned out I had miscalculated some hole sizes so I could just go back and change everything easily.

Also I made a customizable glider plane which didnā€™t have the center of weight in the right place so I could easily adjust some parameters until it was working like it should.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I just downloaded it and I am super happy to have grasshopper on my Mac!

I have not used it yet though but Thanks a ton for bringing it on Mac and for all your hard work!!!

2 Likes

Hi,
I downloaded the 5.3 WIP version of Rhino for Mac, but it wont recognize the ExplicitHistory command.
Any clue why?
Thanks

Are you in Evaluation mode? Can Rhino for Mac save?

I think so. It wont recognize my serial. Maybe thats why?

Your last statement is confusing. Serial numbers can never be entered. A license key is entered. This key is used to generate a unique license on your system, and then it displays the serial number associated with it.

In Rhinoceros > Preferences > Licenses, it will tell you your current license type and there is a tool to change it.
If you purchased a Mac Rhino license, thatā€™s where you would enter it.

What does yours say?

the same happens to me!!Unknown command when i type ExplicitHistory or in my case; _ExplicitHistory as it is in spanish. I have the rhino WIP and i still have some weeks before my 90 free days finishā€¦ I have OX X Yosemite 10.10.4 and

Does anyone knows what im doing wrong?? thankyou everyone!!