Grasshopper evaluation of parametric modeling norms

dear Rhino Grasshopper community,

attached here is my grasshopper definition that originally attaches via Firefly to a physical model plane with micro- sensors that detect bending - so that when you bend the physical model the digital one follows.

here is an image of the entire interface:

(in this grasshopper definition attached i have left out the Firefly/microsensor interface and so the model is just controlled by the sliders.)

i am looking for a short evaluation of this grasshopper definition and the questions are:

1. is the construction logic of this parametric definition- which first constructs a polyline, then explodes it in parts, then uses these parts to control its movement, fairly typical in parametric design?

2.is it at all unusual to use parametric modeling to create individual one-off object manipulations (like in this definition) rather than to use parametric modeling to make more pattern-like structures, i.e. multiple arrayed geometries and then create variations within these?

1. in this model a Mesh plane is being ‘bent’ so that parts bend independently. i found it incredibly tricky to ‘bend’ a Mesh and you will see here I had to use a ‘pull point’ since, unlike a Surface it seems Meshes don’t like to bend. have you found this to be true or does anyone have a better trick/ knowledge how to bend (rather than pull point) a Mesh?

I look forward to your throughs and I thank you all in advance for you help and information here!

rbt_h0l-6.1-CSo1a-survey.gh (52.5 KB)