Grasshopper error upon startup

I just switch back to Windows after having Macs for over a decade. Here I am, already running into issues. Rhino is up to date, as is Panther. That is the only two plugin I have installed.

I keep getting this message upon startup:

Message: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\PluginLoading.txt’ because it is being used by another process.

What does this even mean? And how do I fix it?

I am unable to use Panther or Rhino with this issue.

Thanks!
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie - if you remove Panther, does it all work?

-Pascal

It does. I uninstalled both. Reinstalled Rhino. No error upon startup. I then installed Panther and am getting that error.

I never saw this error before while running boot camp windows on my Mac, but now running on windows I’m having this issue. Not sure if there is a setting or programming thing about windows that is throwing this error? I don’t know enough about this OS :slight_smile:

Hi Stephanie - I think I’d start with the developer for Panther.

https://discourse.mcneel.com/c/plug-ins/panther3d

-Pascal

I’ve tried. Was hoping it was some other issue, since it operates differently on bootcamp. I’ll post an update for anyone else experiencing this once I get through to support and find a solution!

Stephanie, I moved this topic to the Panther forum - we’ll see if the developer takes note.

-Pascal

Pascal,

I am receiving this error alongside many colleagues of mine. The native objects are not loading. we are not using Panther but we have many plug ins… using rhino 6 and i just started getting this error as of this morning.

-Matt

FWIW, i reverted to previous versions of Rhino 6 and Rhino 7. All is once again well.