Grasshopper Display Messed-up

As for Curves or points, yes. This has been discussed…

I’m sure it has. And it will be discussed over and over as each person discovers this disappointing “feature”, until Rhino is modified to support users’ very reasonable expectations.

Out of curiosity. Do you happen to maybe have the display of curves turned off for rendered modes?

Nope. As discussed in the other thread, curves and points cannot be previewed in these render modes.

Hello guys,

It is quite a impassioned discussion here when I woke up.
For me the workflow of using rhino and GH is at the design stage. when you talk about the render model with the ‘custom preview’, I often use it as a color shader to differ parts of building and will not assign materials to it even in R6 because I personally consider it won`t be efficient in a company work flow.
What we do is to transfer the models into our VR system and enrich the scene based on the same model resources and maps.

Another Feature I would say evulationary improvement is the ‘multi-thread’ calculating of the components. However the concept is only used for limited numbers of component. So I was wandering if in the coming future it would be implemeted in majority of the components? or further step, in majority of third part plug-ins?@David

All the best

We had to add the multi-threading to GH1 without breaking the existing SDK, and we were also worried about changing the way things worked even without changing the public SDK, just because it could have been devastating if we got it wrong.

This is not a problem for future versions, because the SDK is completely different already. Thus, implementing multi-threading can happen on a much deeper level, in a way that is completely invisible to component developers. You’d still need to be able to switch it off for specific components (either as an end-user or as a programmer), but it should ‘just work’ most of the time.