Grasshopper default display glitch

No need to take a look. A driver updated fixed the issue.

Hi @DavidEranen - unfortunately I am seeing this glitch re-emerge even after updating my graphics card. Here are my current stats:

NVIDIA Corporation
Quadro K2100M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 376.33
Render version: 4.5
Shading Language: 4.50 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 12-11-2016
Driver Version: 21.21.13.7633

Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 2 GB

I’m using this build:

Work In Progress
(6.0.17003.8321, 01/03/2017)

What’s strange is it was working fine for a while - it wasn’t happening at the beginning of my Rhino session but now it’s started again. I was playing around with different display modes (like Arctic) and doing some hi-res screen captures with ViewCaptureToFile. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to test to help get to the bottom of the issue.

It’s also happening on my other machine, which has a totally different card. So not sure that’s the issue…

NVIDIA Corporation
GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version: 4.2.0
Render version: 4.2
Shading Language: 4.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
Driver Date: 8-30-2012
Driver Version: 9.18.13.623

Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 1 GB

Only transparent material display from grasshopper seems to be affected. Using custom preview w/ an opaque material registers no artifacts.

andheum,

We’re currently working on fixing an issue similar to this. Thanks for reporting!

RH-36343 is fixed in the latest WIP

This problem is back in the latest Beta, though it seemed to have gone away for a while.

Thanks, I’ve reopened the issue.

incidentally, that’s a 3d model of the tattoo I just got. Drew the mockup with procedural stippling in grasshopper :smile:
First Rhino/GH-designed tattoo?

3 Likes

Did you apply the tattoo with a robot controlled by Grasshopper? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Does this only happen with Grasshopper geometry or does it happen with old fashioned Rhino geometry too?

only grasshopper geometry.

1 Like

Can you share your model with me? @DavidRutten and I both can’t repeat the bug with our attempts, and no I’m not asking just so I can get a matching tattoo :slight_smile: