Grasshopper crashes on loading in Rhino 6

Having not used Grasshopper for a year or so, I had a perfect problem for which it was the answer. When I typed the “grasshopper” command, Rhino 6 quits to the desktop. Immediately before crashing, it issues the following:

Object: VRayRendererComponent (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: VRayRendererComponent (level 2)
{
}

Object: VRayRendererComponent (level 3)
{
The type initializer for ‘VRayForGrasshopper.VRayGlobal’ threw an exception.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: VRayRendererComponent (level 4)
{
Unable to load DLL ‘VRaySDKLibrary’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
DllNotFoundException
}

Object: VRayLightRigDomeComponent (level 1)
{
}

Object: VRayLightRigDomeComponent (level 2)
{
}

Object: VRayLightRigDomeComponent (level 3)
{
The type initializer for ‘VRayForGrasshopper.VRayGlobal’ threw an exception.
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: VRayLightRigDomeComponent (level 4)
{
Unable to load DLL ‘VRaySDKLibrary’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
DllNotFoundException
}-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although Vray shows up in the plugin manager, it’s unchecked. Any suggestions on how to get my grasshopper back?

Thanks, in advance.

Hi - that seems to be the same issue as what is reported in the following thread. It does like like V-Ray is somehow involved.
https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/rhino-6-crash-grasshopper-and-other/
-wim

Unfortunately V-Ray for Grasshopper (.gha) can’t load because it depends on some DLLs to be loaded by the main V-Ray for Rhino plugin (.rhp). This is addressed to a certain extend in the upcoming release already

it is safe to ignore the message

Thank you all for your responses. The version of Vray that I had was the trial version, which I downloaded last December and tried a few times. Yesterday, I opened Wiindows Control Panel and uninstalled Vray completely, and now, Rhino AND Grasshopper run just fine!

Thanks, again!