Grasshoper Error when open rhino 6

Hi @cokerone1214,

Can you please send me contents of the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\PanelingTools (6caed836-bc06-4ebc-b1fd-e10886a0dc94)

It seems you’re using a WIP version of PanelingTools and I cannot get it anymore. If you want, you can download the final installer from the following link:
http://www.food4rhino.com/system/files/users-files/rajaa-issa/app/panelingtools2018041300.rhi

But please, zip and send me the folder before installing the update.

Thanks,

Enric

clipper-0.2.3-rhino6.rar (89.3 KB)
Panelling_Tools (1).rar (938.1 KB)

I sent you and clipper plugin beacause is located in the same folder and has an error too.

If its worth anything, had a student recently get similar errors upon opening grasshopper (no VisualArq tho). We found the issue was he was putting the plug-ins in Rhino6>Plug-ins>Grasshopper>Components where grasshoppers native .gha’s are.

I had him put them in the usual Users>AppData>Roaming>Grasshopper>Libraries and all was fixed.

@cokerone1214 are you by any chance putting plug-ins in the wrong folder?

Hello MIchael!

I don’t think so because when I want to install a grasshopper add-on I open the folder inside grasshopper but I wil check it. Could you please tell me which is the default components only in order to know if there is something different to my components folder?

Hi @cokerone1214,

Here are the default files in the folder C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\Components:

You can check that all files should be from the same date.

Regards,

Enric

My assumption is that the problem is related to the order in which the components are loaded, so putting GHA in one folder or in another can change the add-ons load order.

Enric

Thank you Enric!

No, I haven’t anything else in this folder. Only default components!

Yeap, Thats why as soon as I saw what he did I knew the fix. I know Gh loads from that folder first before the libraries.

Hi @cokerone1214,

Can you send me also the files you have on the C:\Users\Xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries?

I want to make sure I’m using the same add-ons versions.

Thanks,

Enric

Libraries.rar (12.0 MB)

I think lunchbox and Culebra have installation file. But I think i have the last version of all.

@cokerone1214: do you have any file inside the C:\Users\Xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\6\Libraries folder?

Enric

No the folder is empty.

Hi @cokerone1214,

Still no error in my computer. I think I’m using the same Rhino 6 version, same VisualARQ, same GH add-ons…

Can you please send me a dump of Rhino 6 when the errors show again? Follow these steps:

1. As soon as the errors show up, doesn’t close the errors dialog.
  2. Close all other Rhino sessions.
  3. Open the Windows Task Manager, pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC
  4. Click on the “More Details” button.
  5. Go to the “Details” tab.
  6. Find “Rhino.exe” (there should be only one), right click it and select “Create dump file”
  7. Wait until the dump is generated.
  8. Go to the temp folder: C:\Users\Xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp
  9. Find a bug “Rhino.DMP” file, zip it, and sent it to visualarq@asuni.com using an online service like WeTransfer.
  10. Delete both the ZIP and the DMP files, as they are very big.

Thanks,

Enric

Hi Enric!

It will take a little to upload. But i have another question. I have a saved file (1-no visualARQ) in rhino before I install VisualARQ.

I have an open rhino window in visualARQ template with another different file (2-VisualARQ) which I work on too where i have used VisualARQ (levels etc). When I open file (1-non VisualARQ) on a new rhino window the same time with file (2-VisualARQ) it seems that the viewport has VisualARQ’s viewport properties too.

Is it normal?

I don’t understand your question. What are “VisualARQ viewport properties”?
Can you post an screenshot of what are you seeing that you think shouldn’t be there?

Enric

Mm…forget it…It was a kind of lag I suppose. Some lines didn’t appear in the viewport and they were’t hided neither lines nor their layer. Although, it seems that automatic tries to load visualARQ if i am not wrong. Just check this. I try to send you anything I saw which maybe related to the errors.

Hi Enric!

I sent you the email!

Hi @cokerone1214,

I’ve received an email titled “Rhino dump”, is it yours? The email is empty, there is no link to download or any attachment.

Enric

Hi @cokerone1214,

VisualARQ will be automaticallty loaded in the following situations:

1. The first time you open Rhino after installing VisualARQ.
  2. If there were any VisualARQ panel opened (Levels or Sections) when Rhino was closed the last time.
  3. When opening a VisualARQ template or any document with VisualARQ data.
  4. When running a VisualARQ command.

If VisualARQ is loading when you open an specific file, then there are VisualARQ information inside this document. You can clean this document from VisualARQ data by running the command “vaPurge” and then saving the document. Take into account that this command will delete all VisualARQ objects, styles and custom parameters.

Enric

I am sorry for the email. My fault. I will sent it to you again. So if for example I don’t want to open visualARQ automatically I have to close it last time I close rhino ( levels, section etc ) no matter if I want to open a different file?

And how is possible to close it without loose my information?

Thank you