Graph mapper: Can you do this?

Well if you want to use a curve and have less on canvas that is why I suggest Pufferfish Curve Graph Mapper (personally I prefer the control precision of Rhino curves vs Graph map curves). But if Graph mapper is what you’re into maybe @Dani_Abalde will give you a gift :smiley:

2 Likes

I missed that part of your answer.
curvegraph.gh (9.2 KB)

I see now that for some cases it can be better.
So:
pros:

• Greater control
  • Few components

cons:

• have to keep referenced curve in Rhino.
  • still: more than one components.
1 Like

I’ll try and find Davids GH2 Graph mapper. I know he posted a picture of it on the forum before. It looked highly customizable. :smiley:

Si, soy español.

GH already uses the simple interaction, and I am not in favor of changing it. That’s why it requires a key.

I’m going to compile it into a separate plugin, along with a RichGraphMapper with domain inputs. But it’s not depured yet, so let me know if you have any consideration. Give me a few minutes.

RichGraphMapper

Will it make me money? :smiley:

I remember you, Mateusz, and Pieter had some nice ones here also: Groups - Grasshopper

It’s gonna make you richer in spirit at best xD
RichedGraphMapper.gha (31 KB)
EDIT:* Use this download Graph mapper: Can you do this?

Important, any suggestion is welcome, but this is not a published plugin or something like that. Graphs (bezier 2 and interpolated) should appear in the native Graph Mapper, if not, restart GH. The component is in Maths > Util, this had some problem but I don’t remember which one, I challenge you to find it!

6 Likes

Muchas gracias Daniel!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: (just one like is not enough!)
I’ll get right down to working with it and gladly give back any comments/suggestion I have.

P.S. He vivido alli e estoy enamorado de Espana! Te dedico una cancion de mi groupo espanol favorito:

(puede ser tonto pero si me gustan los Mojinos escozios!!!)
1 Like

This is awesome Dani thank you. Now that definitely needs to be included as standard component.

Perhaps I take advantage that I already have it in a separate project to launch it as a plugin, I can add two more graps, the sigmoid and the arc. Any suggestions @Michael_Pryor, @anikolo, @ivelin.peychev?

1 Like

My suggestion to You (@Dani_Abalde) or David (@DavidRutten), would be a field for users to type-in their own functions. Not only changing parameters or picking one of the predefined ones but actually entering custom one. It has its benefits.

@Dani_Abalde @anikolo I found that post I was referring with the peak at @DavidRutten GH2 Graph Mapper.

A expression graph t’s a good idea, but I don’t want to go crazy implementing it. The graphs are quick to make since Rutten made it easy, but not that one.

Thanks guys. I have also added a polyline graph. I’ll put the link up as soon as I publish it.

2 Likes

for the ServicePack1 :wink:

I personally prefer a Rhino based graph as well. Especially because you can build in kinks etc.At first I was using the graphmapper a lot. Mainly to build in a fading effect. Usually the Bezier graph, to get from little space to big space. However this is actually not a good way in doing it. there was a constant complain that the spacing was not equally increasing. Sometimes even becomming arbitary increasing. An this is something you cant control with a Bezier. For instance if you want constant increasing you don‘t need a graph at all. Just calculating it and remaping it back to 0 to 1 domain.

1 Like

11 Likes

I see you Published it! (and it Rocks!!!)

I only have one comment (not a complain) with the bezier 2:

Since it gives you greater flexibility, there are cases where the graph extends beyond the 0-1 domain.

Initially I thought it was a bug (trained from the traditional graph mapper I expected the output to be within 0-1.

In retrospect, I think it’s better as it is. (it would cause more problems to reparameterize the values.
One has just to have in mind that. In the project I used it for, I just zeroed the negative values.

Once again Daniel, thank you for your amazing tool!

Nice job Dani! Nice move to integrate them directly into the existing graph mapper.

HI All,

I am probably missing something, but I don’t figure out how to achieve this:

The graph mapper gets only one value as output. How to retrieve the couple of values on each interpolation points (as the MD Slider does)?

The reason is that I would like to draw a curve on surface moving the UV points via the Graph Mapper.

Thanks!
graph-mapper-double-coords-output.gh (8.6 KB)

Are you looking for something like this?

graph-mapper-double-coords-output_re.gh (12.2 KB)

1 Like

Yes, it is! …:sweat_smile:

Thanks Kim!