GPU for cadding/modelling and faster display speed

I’m finally upgrading and ordered Threadripper 3970x and Asus TRX40 Pro. For GPU, I’m currently running Nvidia GTX 1050 and it works great. But when i import assets into the scene, the display slows down significantly. So since I’m upgrading and have no clue which graphics card is good for cadding/modelling specifically, I’m seeking advise here.

I have no plans to use GPU to render, so do bear that in mind. I work mainly for interior scenes. Quadro seems like a good GPU from my own research but is there any other ones you guys are using with fast display or any worth recommending?

Thanks

What kind of assets? Are these other Rhino files that you made? Are they meshes? How many? How big? Those details are important to understand if the GPU or the CPU is the bottleneck.

If you can join together complex meshes then Rhino will work much better in the advanced display modes. Also making a simplified display mode can help you out.

What’s your budget and needs for the GPU? Is noise a consern? Or power usage?

I have a silent RTX 2070 that serves me perfectly since noise is important to me.
(It’s slightly faster than a 1080 and the 3060, but slower than the 3070)

What kind of assets?

They are mostly 3dsmax exported assets which i got from 3dsky

What’s your budget and needs for the GPU? Is noise a consern? Or power usage?

Anything under 1.5k is fine. I dont require high end GPU but i want to be able to model interior scenes smoothly. Noise might be a concern if its too loud

I have a silent RTX 2070 that serves me perfectly since noise is important to me.

May i know whats the average file size of your .3dm files for comparison?
Im working with 300mb-700mb usually with mesh assets taking up most of the space