Goodbye RhinoWIP for Rhino 5 for Mac

@John_Brock @makearchitectur it will be interesting to see this comparison of commands when V6 for Mac makes its entrance :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a moving target (and will continue to be so for awhile), but it will probably look something like this when the first RhinoWIP is public.

NamedPositions, Snapshots, and ApplyEdgeSoftening would be nice, I see the ‘to do’ list is down to 6, I’m guessing won’t be long :slight_smile:

Yep, we’re working on those. Just saying that some might not be available in the first public RhinoWIP. I’d rather get a somewhat stable RhinoWIP into your hands even if those commands are not yet in it.

3 Likes

A proper “chamferedge” with angle and distance control would be nice. And a more advanced layout function. As well as better and faster displaying dwg when you open them (large files with lots of annotations, text and hatches).

Right click to toggle a command option no longer works… my post. Right clicking completes my command instead of toggling the options

Now we are really close… right?!? :+1::sunglasses::open_mouth:

Philip

I think that is excessively wishful thinking.
There is a long list of testing items that are “awating dependencies” for tools that do not yet exist. It’s only very recently that I’ve been able to get into the WIP, test a couple files, and exit without crashing.

My best seat-of-the-pants guess is at least a couple months of work before it could be let out of the building. Before that, and it’s just too risky and potentially destructive to user data.

Really? In that case I probably have misunderstood this:

There’s only four items on that list now. To me that’s “close to zero”… no?

Philip

… Now they are suddenly 16… Oh well…

Philip

Many of those items were marked as visible to developers only. I’ve fixed that for those that are appropriate. You should be able to see about 16 issues now (though there are another 15 or so that are not visible to the public because they contain private information). I am still skeptical that these are the final issues before we publish the first RhinoWIP.

Sorry for any confusion I caused with the above statement.

We’re not gonna forget to tell you though :wink:

1 Like

Ok, thanks… but “a couple of months” sounds really depressing now :no_mouth:

Philip

1 Like

That’s what prompted my initial statement about excessively wishful thinking.

Keep in mind too that when the Mac V6 WIP is released, it will be very rough and have lots of problems. It not something anyone will want to try to do production work with.

:smile: It actually sounds really optimistic and happy to me! We’re working on it! YT issues aside, it still does not feel ready at all…though there are some areas that are really cool already.

PS: I’m glad you’re stoked.

1 Like

Is my memory correct…that the groundwork is being laid now so that the V7 Win/Mac releases can more closely coincide. Or did I dream that?

1 Like

Well, perhaps not so much anymore… but I’ll get over it.
Anyway, like we say in Finland: työn iloa! :+1:

Philip

1 Like

We are working toward that goal, yes. Over the past couple of years, we’ve devote a lot of energy toward this goal. As usual, we don’t have a timeline. Co-shipping could come earlier, it could come later.

1 Like

Hello Dan,

I followed the link for the WIP of Rhino 5 for mac to play with the paneling tools under grasshopper, but it basically makes me download the last production release which does not seem to have that in there.

This is the version I have 5.4.1 (5E409)

Am I missing something?

Thank you for the help.

Follow the WIP instructions for 5.4.1

1 Like

You’re a star!

thank you!