Golf ball? Evenly spaced points on a sphere?

I mistakenly replied in an old thread and am now prevented from re-posting my reply here…

I scrolled down that page and started to watch the video (out of desperation) and noticed a reference to this wiki page, which I carefully typed in by hand:

http://wiki.mcneel.com/labs/rhinopolyhedra
This topic does not exist yet

So searched the wiki for “rhinopolyhedra” and clicked the suggested link under “Matching pagenames”:

It goes here: Rhino Polyhedra [McNeel Wiki]

Endless loop! Wild goose chase. This has been a colossal and frustrating distraction.

I can’t seem to do it any way all. How pathetic.

Yes. To elaborate slightly, I’m not entirely opposed to plugins. Sometimes it’s the best or only way to get the job done. This morning I needed a standard hexhead bolt and nut so I explored and tried some things, found the GH solutions wanting and quickly settled on the BoltGen Rhino plugin. I got exactly what I needed quickly and moved on.

Evenly spaced points on a sphere (or other surface) is a common question on this forum that I’ve never paid much attention to as I didn’t need it. Devoting most of an entire day searching and failing to get anywhere close to my objective is quite annoying!!

I have no idea why suggestions from you and @dale don’t work for me?