GetDistancesBetweenCurves

Hi,

I’m using GetDistancesBetweenCurves with the curves of the added file, and the function fails. It always returns false.

Tolerance = 0.001;
bool done = Curve.GetDistancesBetweenCurves( curveA, curveB, Tolerance, out maxDistance, out maxDistanceParameterA, out maxDistanceParameterB, out minDistance, out minDistanceParameterA, out minDistanceParameterB );

Is there any problem with this function?

Thanks

curveDistanceFail.3dm (77.6 KB)

(Dale Fugier) #2

The Curve.GetDistancesBetweenCurves method is basically the equivalent of the CrvDeviation command. Since the curves to not overlap, the function returns false. Does this help?

Ok. So this function does not compute the distance between two arbitrary curves?

Reading the function’s help, led me to mistake.

// Resumen:
    //     Computes the distance between two arbitrary curves.
    //
    // Parámetros:
    //   curveA:
    //     A curve.
    //
    //   curveB:
    //     Another curve.
    //
    //   tolerance:
    //     A tolerance value.
    //
    //   maxDistance:
    //     The maximum distance value. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    //   maxDistanceParameterA:
    //     The maximum distance parameter on curve A. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    //   maxDistanceParameterB:
    //     The maximum distance parameter on curve B. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    //   minDistance:
    //     The minimum distance value. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    //   minDistanceParameterA:
    //     The minimum distance parameter on curve A. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    //   minDistanceParameterB:
    //     The minimum distance parameter on curve B. This is an out reference argument.
    //
    // Devuelve:
    //     true if the operation succeeded; otherwise false.

Thanks.

(Dale Fugier) #4

The help should read, “Reports the maximum and minimum distances between two curves that overlap.” I will see to fixing this.