Get rhino 6 running faster

yes that would not make sense i agree, then rather use that effort into the future, get the code tweaked a bit that we can work and then maybe just a bit sooner and even if its heavy -> metal for some 7.3000282837 service release whatever, who cares about the numbers anyway as long as it works then, at least IMHO.

+1 for transparency and clarity, thanks…(eases wtf factor)

I was running the 6 beta on a 2010 MAC and saw no problems.

This can be anything. But what it comes down to is that most if not all the MacBooks that have issues are the later builds with amd graphic cards.
What are the specs of this system and did you notice any difference in performance between rhino 5 and 6?

OK lock n lol baby, you guys have tweaked something with the latest update and its BLAZLINGY FAST. come and get a hug for it!!!

This is great news… However, there are several changes that have gone in over the last couple weeks, so it’s hard to say/know which one(s) actually have opened this up for you.

There was a huge resource drain in the way MacRhino was allocating and using OpenGL drawing contexts, which also revealed problems when trying to use external devices via AppleTV, AirPlay, and SideCar. We have eliminated all of that, and now only one context is being used for all drawing… That’s the most significant change I can think of that might be the reason you’re seeing better results…but I’m glad things are better (for now :slight_smile: )

Thanks,
-Jeff

1 Like

thanks for the feedback Jeff.

i really hope you are not trying to tell me something subcontextual here :hushed:

can you wrap up in a short sentence why you tried to engage with these?

Because users were reporting bugs complaining that Rhino didn’t work with them… All you got was blank viewports… but not anymore, it’s been fixed.

-J

i meant why is Rhino running in AppleTv etc. doing a bit research i found out what sidecar is :smiley: sorry, i am not fully up to date with catalina, still running Mojave.

AppleTV is really just another iOS device… Using “AirPlay”, you can connect your MacOS computer(s) to whatever the AppleTV is connected to… Think of it as a wireless HDMI cable… So you can now use your UHDTV 4K screen as an external monitor. SideCar is similar, only it works directly with iOS devices (i.e. Tablets and such).

-J

cool, so all you got to do to make Rhino a bliss for Ipad is to make some UI adjustment for sketch :slight_smile:

1 Like