Geometry optimization stopped

Hi! I am getting this error with the rationalization component. Does anyone know the reason?

Hi. Could you check the output log and post what it says here? That should hopefully give some more information about what the issue might be.

Sure.
It appears that some of the loads/supports are not detected

Thanks, that’s definitely something to go on. Could you look at the log output from the Rationalize component too? It may be that there’s some additional information there.

Hi Ghotbi

This isn’t a lot to go on, but if loads/supports which have been input into the problem specification/domain components are missing, then this may be a bug. If you are able to provide me with the source file then I will look into it as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Jack

Sorry for the delay. I’ve been trying to find out why the optimization stops, and it seems like when the loads are outside of the domain, it causes the problem. But sometimes, for some objects, the center of mass is not actually inside the object, and I have trouble finding a way around it.
peregrine Load-Support not recognized.gh (42.3 KB)

Hi Ghotbi

Normally when loads are outside the design domain they are ignored when solving a problem; however, in your problem it appears that during geometry optimisation loads outside the domain are being included, leading to unexpected behaviour. We will look into this as soon as possible. In the mean time I recommend not specifying problems with loads lying outside the domain.

Kind regards,
Jack

1 Like