Geometry Gym ETABS Opening Function

Hi I am new to Geometry gym. Currently, I am using GG component to build a model in rhino and export to ETABS for analysis. Just wondering if there is a way to set opening in GG component. I found similar components for ROBOT panel, which allows you to set opening in panel. Does anyone have experience in gg component exporting to ETABS? Not sure if I missed anything in finding the similar function in ggETABS. Many thanks.

Hi Jason,

​

I will point you to the Geomerty Gym technical information we have been putting together at the link below:

https://technical.geometrygym.com/rhino-grasshopper/structuralanalysis/etabs/etabs-examples

​

If you look at the example β€œfloor with void opening” it should provide a good guide on what you are after. Hopefully there is also a number of other example which will be of benefit.

​

Let me know if you require any further help.

​

Cheers

Nathan

On

jason.zheng
Jason Zheng

March 19

Hi I am new to Geometry gym. Currently, I am using GG component to build a model in rhino and export to ETABS for analysis. Just wondering if there is a way to set opening in GG component. I found similar components for ROBOT panel, which allows you to set opening in panel. Does anyone have experience in gg component exporting to ETABS? Not sure if I missed anything in finding the similar function in ggETABS. Many thanks.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

28:1062664

Thanks Nathan, It is really helpful to go through the website with those examples.

1 Like