Generate mesh with certain size

hello all
i created a 3D shape in rhino. can i generate a mesh that average grid size=0.07 m2 ??
i mean, how can i generate mesh with certain size or with certain number grid ?

SheikhLotWithRINGrealMesh333777.3dm (214.7 KB)

Hello - you may be able to get close by setting max and min edge length the square root of .07 and limiting the aspect ratio to 1:

-Pascal

1 Like

Dear @pascal
You are so useful like before.

could you please tell, how can i see my shape perfectly? i guess, light radiate to my canvas. i see my shape like below.

best

Capture2020

Hello - the new mesh is coarser than the display mesh that is used to show the surface, so its edges are behind the surface’s display mesh in those locations - try a Wireframe or Ghosted display to see both.

-Pascal

hello
dear @pascal

i created a 3D shape that area is 18.3 m2.
i generated a mesh that average grid size is 0.07 m2. (area of any cell is 0.07 m2)
“polygoncount” shows, there is 350 grids.

then (NO.GRIDAVERAGE GRID SIZE = TOTAL AREA)
0.07 m2 = 24.5 m2

but my total area is 18.3 m2.
could you please help me?

best
ahad

Capture2050

Capture2060

SheikhLotWithRINGrealMesh333777888.3dm (561.7 KB)

dear @pascal
there is multiple sign between NO.GRID and AVE GRID SIZE.
there is multiple sign between 350 and 0.07.

Hello - the actual average face size is .052 here - I assume this is at least partly due to the small triangles at the top - with this structure there is no good way to eliminate these - you can get a little closer by setting the sizes to .31 but that will force the quads to be somewhat larger than before in order to compensate for the small triangles if you see what I mean, so I am not sure if it is better or worse.

-Pascal

1 Like

dear @pascal
can i generate a mesh that number of grid be a certain value?
(if yes, how can i do that?)

best
ahad

Hi ahad - not with any real control - if you set all numbers to zero and put a number in the ‘Minimum initial grid count’ slot, like 64 or so, you should get something like 8 by 8 but it will not be exact in most cases. It seems like you need a custom mesh generator. Grasshopper might be able to help, I am not sure.

@ahad - You can also try the QuadRemesher tool in the V7 WIP - that lets you set an edge length as well - I do not know if it will do what you need…
SheikhLotWithRINGrealMesh_QuadRemesh_V7.3dm (204.4 KB)

(average .068)

-Pascal

1 Like