Function component?

It’s me again. I need to know what new component to substitute for the obsolete function component in the attached file. Function_spiral.ghx (64.3 KB)
Somehow or other, I need to figure out how to wrap my mind around how to find things in Grasshopper. I’m not doing well with it. The Grasshopper Components page at http://rhino.github.io/ looked very promising but now I’m finding it not well organized for finding things.

‘Maths | Script | Evaluate’

Yes, I had managed to find it myself. Whoever wrote the note on the pop-up window about zooming in to be able to edit may have thought they were being funny, but I didn’t find much friendliness in the last line

This window will show one more time, then you are on your own.

One of the ways that I found useful when learning GH, (and how I was taught), was to consider what type of operation I was doing. (sounds potentially insulting, I’ll elaborate a bit).

In looking at the NATIVE tabs that come with GH, it can help to think of them like this.

• Params → These store stuff, (for the most part). They don’t perform any functions/actions on geometry/Data. ALL of the other Tabs will contain components to “do stuff”. (exception in this description would be a few items in the Util group, primarily Galapagos.)

• Maths → Most anything to do with mathematical operations, (granted, the domains group used to be on the sets tab…I think, but in general, fairly self explanatory.)

• Sets → Lists of data and data structure stuff.

• Vector->All things vector. This can be thought of as the things defined by a vector, things that make up a vector, and point stuff. Probably easiest to assume that if a vector can be defined by a starting point, direction, and magnitude…then anything to do with those items will be found on this tab.

• Curve/Surface/Mesh/Intersect/Transform ->…I think these are pretty straight forward?

• Display → for the most part, these are graphical representations of already existing data, with the exception of colour I guess…which you can use to create colors from various data inputs.

Lastly, if you happen to have a component already on the canvas, and you don’t know what tab it came from, you can use ctrl + alt + left mouse button to show a tooltip style hint about what tab it’s located on. (on windows, I don’t know the equivalent Mac key combo).