Function Arugments

Hello.

I am trying to understand what the function argument (sender,e) does and what other function arguments there are? Example is “def MyFunction (sender,e):”. I know this one currently will execute upon saving, but I want to know what other arguments would do.

Thanks,
Martin

What you are looking at are functions that can be subscribed to events. These usually have the form of def MyFunction(<object> sender, <event-args> e). One such event is “saving”, and that means that your function, when subscribed to the “save” event, will get called every time a save is perfomed.

You cannot use other arguments, because if you would, the event subscription will not work. Events like these have a fixed function signature.

Thank you! I greatly appreciate that explanation.

What other event arguments are there? I must be searching for them poorly, because I am not getting much results.

I have a code that I realized is not executing when a new file is initially saved. For example, I open a new instance of Rhino and if I save it as a new file, then the command will not execute. It will execute with every save after this. I am wondering if there is an event argument that can handle this.

Appreciate your time!

Martin

I believe I have it figured out by using the CloseDocument event. Thanks!