Frozen Viewports?

Hi everyone,

There will be yet another new Test command in the coming (daily) WIP… It basically has the ability to track specific power events, which provides me a way of detecting a specific event, and then present you (the user) a series of options on which you can then act.

So the current idea is this:

1. Enable power event tracking for Monitor power cycles
  2. When a complete power cycle is detected, provide you some options in Rhino’s command line.
    a. First verify that your viewports are indeed frozen
    b. Select one of the options in the command line.
    i. Please take note of any kind of visual change or update that may occur.
    c. Verify if the viewports are still frozen.
    i. If still frozen, go to ‘b’ and try the next option
    ii. If not frozen, then exit out of the command, let the screen turn off again, and confirm the same combination does clear up the frozen views again …and report the combo back here to me/us

Note: The options are in order of severity (from left to right), where the leftmost option is the least destructive and the far right one being the most destructive…

To enable this, run:

TestTrackPowerStates

and “Enable” power tracking for “MonitorPower”… currently it’s the only one there, but I foresee others coming online (if none of this works).

So basically “-_TestTrackPowerStates MonitorPower=Enable enter”

…the command line should then display “Power State Tracking for the Monitor is now ON…”

Then wait for the screen or system to shut off.
Wake the system back up.
You should then see a dialog popped up in the center of Rhino’s screen telling you that a power event has been detected and to follow the command line options.
The only purpose of this dialog is for sanity, letting you/me know that the event tracking is working correctly.
Just click the “OK” button to close it, and follow the instructions I outlined above in #2.

If any of the options work, then please also try them for Layouts…as they might not work for them, or may require a different option or set of options.

Lastly, it’s possible that one or more option is required…so devise your own way for keeping track of which options were/are needed to clear up the frozen view(s)…but be aware, once the views are no longer frozen, it might be due to only the last option you selected and not because of any of the other options…and vice versa…which is why #2.c.ii above is an important step.

If for some reason you do not get that initial dialog popping up when you wake your system, then obviously none of this is going to work and it’s back to the drawing board for you (and possibly others)…but I’ve tested this on several systems here, and the tracking does seem to be working consistently.

Thanks,
-J