From polygon to rectangle

hello, in a polygon nod I want to change polygon to rectangle , how can i do that ?

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 22.34.00

hi, thank you very very much, but I mean not a square but a polygon with four side and a difference of size between length and width,
how can I implement that ??
thank you

Oh, I see. There is a dedicated Rectangle component for that.

Screenshot 2022-08-14 at 11.11.31

thank you so much
you know I’m very novice about Grasshopper so another silly question :

how can I link it to the polygon component ?
thank you

What exactly do you mean by “link it”?

I mean what do I do with the rectangle component ? Do I use it to replace the polygon component ?Is there a way to use it with the polygon component to control it ?

I don’t know. What do you need the rectangle for?

Again depends on what you intend to do.

Why would you want to do this? What is the goal?

ok, the goal is to replace the polygon by the rectangle because I can choose the proportion between length and width in the rectangle component
thank you very much for your kindness and patience

Since the Polygon and Rectangle components are pretty similar, this should be straightforward.
Simply connected the F output of the PFrames component to the P input of the Rectangle component. Each perpendicular frame on your circle will now feature a default rectangle of length 2 and width 4. You can for instance adjust their size with sliders.
If you rather want to use the oriented, rotated planes, simply connect the Rectangle component the same way to the G output of the Rotate component.

Thank you very much I’ll try it !