Freeze again and again

Hi there,
I’m working on a model, the file is about 65mb.
It goes freezing, for about a minute, every one or two command I type, doesn’t matter what (trim, 3d orbit, selection, merge…)
This is going to be hard to handle.
Here the details:
Macbook pro 15 inch , Mid 2010:
Processor - 2,66 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphic - NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB
Software - OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
Rhino version - Wenatchee v5.0 2014-02-03

Thanks a lot.

hmm… the drawing i’m working on right now with that same computer and the latest beta release (501) is preforming very nicely. (though it’s not 65MB… it’s at 8MB so far)…

are you experiencing ‘freezing’ on other files as well or just this one in particular? if it’s only this file, you should probably send it to mcneel via:

http://www.rhino3d.com/upload

there was a person here the other day with a similar sounding problem as yours but it turns out, they had a misbehaving object in the file… see this thread:

Ok thanks.
I’m going to test others files (and objects) and I’ll let you know asap.
Hmmm…I’m the only Mac user in the office so I have to deal with Rhino4 / Windows saved files.
Any possible conflict with this ?

The file formats are the same between Mac and Windows, but different between Rhino versions.

Mac Rhino is Rhino 5. It will read Rhino 4 files fine. To save files that can be read by Rhino 4, choose File > Export in the application menu, then select Rhino 4 as the file format. It will always give you a warning about possibly loosing information because there might be Rhino 5 items that cannot be represented, but that actually never happens, as far as I know.

Well…I can’t find any link among Rhino objects, Imported objects, Rhino versions or file formats.
I’m tired but I’m also going to keep an eye on this.
What about Rhino before and after Mavericks ?

It would really help if we could get a copy of one of these slow models so we can try duplicating this. See Reporting Problems with Mac Rhino to see how to send a large file to us.