Free-form curves

Hello,

I am almost new to rhino and I am interested to use Rhino’s free form curves. I had a couple of questions: when drawing a closed free-form curve, I noticed that the method of “wrapping control points” is used, is that a choice in Rhino? Meaning that can other methods such as “wrapping knots” be used to draw a closed free-form curve?
Are the number of knots predefined as a function of number of control points? Or can it be modified (increased)?

Also, what are the usual steps to take after importing a dwg file to make it usable in Rhino?

Thank you very much,
Sara

Hi Sara- closed curves are made periodic by default, but, if you are asking about the Rhino commands and not in the context of developer/programming, the Sharp=Yes/No command line option will toggle between periodic and clamped (Degree number of knots at the end points) style curve ends.

-Pascal

Thank you very much Pascal for your answer,

Is there any way to specify a knot value when using InsertKnot, or change an existing knot’s value or change the multiplicity of a knot?

Regards,
Sara

Hi Sara- not through the Rhino UI, that I know of, no. Maybe a partial exception in the InsertKink command which inserts a fully multiple knot where you tell it.

-Pascal